NCAA Tues - XAVIER vs nc state at Dayton, 9pm.

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:33 am

Tuesday night in the NCAA tourney, from Dayton...

Xavier vs nc state, 9pm.

Two things happened here that are a joke... Xavier was put in a play-in game, and NC State actually made the tourney. XU has everyone back and healthy, beat Marquette on Thursday, and played Creighton tough on Friday night. I see this as a 15 to 20 point win for our Musketeers... X has brass stones, they're hungry, and they have more talent... that's a great combination to have. Just run these clowns off the court please, XU.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA Tues - XAVIER vs nc state at Dayton, 9pm.

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 am

not sure why you and everyone else thinks X getting here is a joke. With the PC win, pretty much all the bracketologists thought X would be here and they're here. Xavier's resume just isn't that good. They won 5 games away from Cincy all year long- and yes, I don't think the committee gives full road/neutral credence to the Cincy win as a result. Their wins over tourney teams- Tennessee (home), Cincy(neutral- same city), Providence(home), Creighton(home). If you say they finished 3rd in the Big East- it doesn't matter. Teams resume's matter- not conferences.

end of the day, Atlantis killed them. Beat Iowa, and Xavier is not in Dayton. Period. (neither is Iowa for that matter-going the other direction).
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 am

X should win this game. However, as some X fans have mentioned, this might be a road game as alot of Dayton fans will probably be rooting for NC State.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 am

1 thing that will happen if X wins this game when they play SLU on Thursday- going to be a pretty strange matchup-
Xavier would be playing their 4th game in 8 days.
SLU would be playing their 2nd game in 12 days...

does fatigue carry the day or does getting kind of rusty hurt SLU more?
stever20

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:09 am

I'm actually more worried about NC State than I am SLU. I haven't been sold on SLU and their lack of offense all year. I think it also benefits Xavier that the quick turnaround is going to be against a team that they already have a pretty close to full scouting report on from the last few years in the A10.

My one worry is the lack of rest, but like Stever mentioned, sometimes the lack of rest is better than the rust that SLU may have. Hopefully Stainbrook's knee can handle the quick turnarounds.
Chalmers0

Postby cu blujs » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am

IMO, X wins both and plays on Sunday. All four BE teams get to the weekend. This time of year, a couple of extra games in the last 10 days isn't going to make any difference. You will need Stainbrook healthy, however. Looked like he tweaked the knee some in the CU game. Hope it is good to go.
cu blujs

Postby mpwalsh8 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 am

Chalmers0 wrote:I'm actually more worried about NC State than I am SLU. I haven't been sold on SLU and their lack of offense all year. I think it also benefits Xavier that the quick turnaround is going to be against a team that they already have a pretty close to full scouting report on from the last few years in the A10.

My one worry is the lack of rest, but like Stever mentioned, sometimes the lack of rest is better than the rust that SLU may have. Hopefully Stainbrook's knee can handle the quick turnarounds.

Xavier is better than NC State. Living 15 minutes from the NC State campus, I've been to quite a few of their games this year. Semaj should run circles around NC State's point guards. You won't stop TJ Warren but you can slow him down. Don't worry about him getting 20 because he will. Do worry about him getting 40 because he can.
mpwalsh8

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 am

Jet915 wrote:X should win this game. However, as some X fans have mentioned, this might be a road game as alot of Dayton fans will probably be rooting for NC State.

Xavier is an hour away from Dayton...I sure as hell hope that half the arena is filled with X fans.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:
Jet915 wrote:X should win this game. However, as some X fans have mentioned, this might be a road game as alot of Dayton fans will probably be rooting for NC State.

Xavier is an hour away from Dayton...I sure as hell hope that half the arena is filled with X fans.

The X fans will definitely show up, unfortunately so will a ton of rabid Dayton fans strictly to root against X. Should make for a GREAT NCAA tourney environment though
Chalmers0

Postby HoosierPal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:08 am

Chalmers0 wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:

The X fans will definitely show up, unfortunately so will a ton of rabid Dayton fans strictly to root against X. Should make for a GREAT NCAA tourney environment though

With Xavier fan base's intense hatred for all things Dayton, I'm surprised any are going to be seen the in home of the enemy. Wouldn't a boycott be more satisfying? :D
HoosierPal

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board