Butler vs. University of Chicago (DIII) (Exhibition)

The home for Big East hoops

Postby milksteak » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Dawgs win 88-45.

Dunham 18
Chrabascz 12
Woods 12
Barlow 10
Etherington 10
Jones 8 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 3 boards. So good to have him back.

Starting five will compete with anyone. Depth will easily be this team's biggest weakness.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Butler vs. University of Chicago (DIII) (Exhibition)

Postby SJHooper » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Nice! Seems like the guys were clicking. See, this is what scares me about St. John's. I see everyone else's exhibitions and the scores are like this one 80-40 or something lopsided. I think we may be the only team in the Big East (maybe other than DePaul) who honestly looks like we belong playing with DII and DIII schools. To me it's a symptom that our team is just not good. It happens very often to us. To barely eke out a win against any DII or DIII team as a Big East team is embarrassing. Maybe it's just because I concentrate on SJU but every other Big East team seems to smack around teams they should be smacking around. We have trouble with anyone…even a good HS team would probably give us fits.
SJHooper

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:39 pm

"Enough about me...let's talk about you. How do you feel about me?"
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby XU85 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:"Enough about me...let's talk about you. How do you feel about me?"

:lol: :lol:
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby SJHooper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:41 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:"Enough about me...let's talk about you. How do you feel about me?"

Sorry Gumby, next time let me know what you want me to post and I will listen like a good puppy.
SJHooper

Postby butlerchris » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 pm

8684 fans attended this exhibition game! I am sure many came to see the new renovations but that is a great turn out for an exhibition game. Capacity is down to 9100 after the renovations.
butlerchris

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:45 pm

SJHooper wrote:

Sorry Gumby, next time let me know what you want me to post and I will listen like a good puppy.

Hooper, just having a little fun. If I upset you I'll take it down. But you gotta admit in a thread meant to talk about Butler you figured out a way to make it about your Johnnies.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby muskienick » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:11 pm

I will never be "down" on Butler. I am excited about being back in a Conference with such a great program. Anybody here who has been thinking of relegating the Bulldogs to perennial basement occupancy in the Big East will eventually eat their words. The same is true for those who doubt Creighton's lasting ability in this league. The Blue Jays are not a a 1-pony (Doug McDermott) circus. We have a Conference that has potential galore. Some, seemingly, have to climb down off their freaking ivory towers simply because they have shared Conference membership with the likes of Georgetown, Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, and Villanova. Let's let this Conference grow into the great Conference that it will become before we relegate it to mid-major level. We will likely get as many as five teams into "The Show" in 2015 and send a couple to at least the Sweet Sixteen. In the future, we'll send two to the Final Four and win it all within eight years.

Be patient. Don't demean the Conference or any of its members. Our time will come. We have populated our League with consistent winners. The others must follow suit in the OOC and hold their own in Conference. We simply can't afford to have the likes of perennial losers in our League like those in other Conferences. Programs can be "down" for a year or two but must rebound quickly enough to at least hold serve in the OOC each year so that they come into Conference play with decent RPI's.

I am excited to be in the Big East. Fans of the Butler Bulldogs and Creighton Blue Jays feel the same. If fans of the C-7 spend any time and energy lamenting the loss of programs like Louisville and UConn, you are simply "spinning your wheels" for no apparent reason. Rejoice in putting together BY FAR the very best basketball-centric conference in the nation and be aware that it has excelled, and will continue to outdo, a number of the supposed Power 5 Conferences in the nation.
muskienick

Postby R to the OB » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 am

muskienick wrote:I will never be "down" on Butler. I am excited about being back in a Conference with such a great program. Anybody here who has been thinking of relegating the Bulldogs to perennial basement occupancy in the Big East will eventually eat their words. The same is true for those who doubt Creighton's lasting ability in this league. The Blue Jays are not a a 1-pony (Doug McDermott) circus. We have a Conference that has potential galore. Some, seemingly, have to climb down off their freaking ivory towers simply because they have shared Conference membership with the likes of Georgetown, Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, and Villanova. Let's let this Conference grow into the great Conference that it will become before we relegate it to mid-major level. We will likely get as many as five teams into "The Show" in 2015 and send a couple to at least the Sweet Sixteen. In the future, we'll send two to the Final Four and win it all within eight years.

Be patient. Don't demean the Conference or any of its members. Our time will come. We have populated our League with consistent winners. The others must follow suit in the OOC and hold their own in Conference. We simply can't afford to have the likes of perennial losers in our League like those in other Conferences. Programs can be "down" for a year or two but must rebound quickly enough to at least hold serve in the OOC each year so that they come into Conference play with decent RPI's.

I am excited to be in the Big East. Fans of the Butler Bulldogs and Creighton Blue Jays feel the same. If fans of the C-7 spend any time and energy lamenting the loss of programs like Louisville and UConn, you are simply "spinning your wheels" for no apparent reason. Rejoice in putting together BY FAR the very best basketball-centric conference in the nation and be aware that it has excelled, and will continue to outdo, a number of the supposed Power 5 Conferences in the nation.

+1 Right on the money.
R to the OB

Postby ivet » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:44 am

this made me laugh. :lol:
ivet

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board