Non-Big East Conference Realignment Thread v. 2017

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Non-Big East Conference Realignment Thread v. 2017

Postby UD Flyer Fanatic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Gopher+RamFan wrote:VCU has had the best turnout in the A10 tourney when it was in Brooklyn. That was widely known, and even Fieldhouse Flyer should admit that much. This is it is in Pittsburgh which should help them, next year its in DC so the turnout from VCU will be massive.

VCU's great turnout at the conference tournament is buoyed by its performance: the Rams have appeared in every conference tournament final since 2011.

I've been to most of the A10T at Brooklyn. VCU fans were clearly the best represented, followed by us. They have rabid fans also.
UD Flyer Fanatic

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:14 am

UD Flyer Fanatic wrote:I've been to most of the A10T at Brooklyn. VCU fans were clearly the best represented, followed by us. They have rabid fans also.

Your first-hand observation is greatly appreciated.

B1G is already set to move their conference tournament to the MSG next year. Not sure what to think, but it'd be bad if that event (a week prior to the championship week) does better than the BET. We'll see.
supernova
kayako

Postby BEwannabe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 am

I'll second the notion VCU has the most fanatics in Brooklyn and with the A10 moving to Pittsburgh this year it will be interesting to see the competition between VCU and UD but you have to remember VCU enrollment/alum base is 3X the size of UD.

re: UD traveling - I saw X was playing at Seton Hall last night so I dropped in for a look and 1sure thing there would've been UD fans in many of those empty seats. If they sow up at Rose Hill they're sure going to show up at the Prudential Center. Not sure traveling fans is a large box to be checked off but the Flyers would certainly get a check in that box. Same would be true for games at St.John's, Georgetown and Depaul. Other venues? I think tickets are a little harder to come by across the rest of the league.
BEwannabe

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 am

I support UD for no reason other than its an easy win for Xavier at home every year since Jimmy Carter.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby UD Flyer Fanatic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 pm

DudeAnon wrote:I support UD for no reason other than its an easy win for Xavier at home every year since Jimmy Carter.

Ahh you do miss us! :lol:
UD Flyer Fanatic

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm

UD Flyer Fanatic wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:I support UD for no reason other than its an easy win for Xavier at home every year since Jimmy Carter.

Ahh you do miss us! :lol:

What can I say? That fling we had in Orlando last year was nice but I miss "us."
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby BEwannabe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm

facts are facts and we wake up this morning with UD sporting a 25rpi so I'll bet you wish we were coming to the Nati soon! I know the Flyers fans would've sparked the atmosphere in Newark last night, I've been to more rowdy wakes.
BEwannabe

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 pm

BEwannabe wrote:I'll second the notion VCU has the most fanatics in Brooklyn and with the A10 moving to Pittsburgh this year it will be interesting to see the competition between VCU and UD but you have to remember VCU enrollment/alum base is 3X the size of UD.

re: UD traveling - I saw X was playing at Seton Hall last night so I dropped in for a look and 1sure thing there would've been UD fans in many of those empty seats. If they sow up at Rose Hill they're sure going to show up at the Prudential Center. Not sure traveling fans is a large box to be checked off but the Flyers would certainly get a check in that box. Same would be true for games at St.John's, Georgetown and Depaul. Other venues? I think tickets are a little harder to come by across the rest of the league.

I've still gotta dispute that. Last time Dayton played at Seton Hall (in 10-11), there were a lot of empty seats that weren't filled by Dayton fans. Yes, Dayton's had a lot more success recently, but unless their fan base is a bunch of front runners, I don't see anything to suggest last night would've been much different.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:46 pm

BEwannabe wrote:

facts are facts and we wake up this morning with UD sporting a 25rpi so I'll bet you wish we were coming to the Nati soon! I know the Flyers fans would've sparked the atmosphere in Newark last night, I've been to more rowdy wakes.

Am I missing something? You are bragging about UD having a worse RPI than Xavier?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby BEwannabe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm

not bragging just saying the Flyers @25 would be a nice scalp if X would hold the Jimmy Carter serve at home again.
BEwannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board