Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby xavierfano8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Nothing coincidental about the start of Xavier's 2nd semester. That's pretty much been the return date for awhile since he wasn't enrolled for the first semester. That just so happens to be a difficult stretch for Xavier
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Irishdawg wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:
xavierfano8 wrote:And the UC and Butler fans are all worked up on Twitter lol. Let's go!!

I guess they don't realize it was a first semester suspension. Acting like the only reason he's back is because of the 5 game stretch.

Then just announce it as a one semester suspension rather than "indefinite" and then he just happens to come back right before the most difficult stretch of the season.

JohnW22 wrote:They're mad about the 15 game slap on the wrist for breaking a phone.

Wasn't it 2 phones, and didn't he punch the girl's car as well? The girl's phone, and then her father's phone that he'd given to her after hers was destroyed? The suspension's more than sufficient if that's all that happened, but my guess is if that were the case he wouldn't have been suspended for the entire semester.

DudeAnon wrote:Holy cow Butler fans are throwing a hissy fit. I guess their small hopes of finally beating us this year are flashing before their eyes.

No more than before, and if this were a singular incident, then I'd completely agree that it's ridiculous to get riled up about it. But X has always tiptoed the line when it comes to its players' behavior and this is just the latest example of that. I'm sure that Xavier is going to win a lot of games though, and with Davis may go very deep in the tournament, which is good for everyone financially (including Butler) in the league.

X has tiptoed the line? Dez Wells gets reported by a student of sexual assault and we expel him immediately. He eventually was found innocent and even the NCAA gave him a waiver to play immediately for Maryland. Myles throws some phones (like an idiot) and he gets suspended half of his senior season when we have final four aspirations. What am I missing exactly? I am sure Xavier is going to win a lot of games, two in particular.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:36 pm

This whining about the timing is flat-out stupid. If Xavier just wanted him back and effective against this tough stretch of games, he would have come back a week or two earlier so he could truly contribute. As it is, he's likely a non-factor against Villanova, where he isn't even guaranteed to play since only one full practice happens between now and then. At best he'll be the last guy in the rotation. Against Butler, he might contribute a bit more off the bench, but again, there's not much practice time (only two more full practices). Because the Creighton game is only two days later, there isn't even space for a long practice between games, so not too much really changes between those games.

The first game where Myles could be fully back in the swing of things is six days after that against Georgetown at home. That's after the tough stretch is over (no offense, Georgetown fans).

So, obviously, if one can overcome their sanctimony long enough to employ a little common sense, the timing of Myles' return is clearly not motivated by this tough stretch of games. The fact that spring classes start that day just might be a better indicator.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 pm

So over under set at 5 minutes on how much he plays vs Nova?
XU
JohnW22

Postby anXUfan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:12 am

I'd take the under.
anXUfan

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:15 am

JohnW22 wrote:So over under set at 5 minutes on how much he plays vs Nova?

That's what I said for an O/U on XHoops. I would take the under. He'll probably get in for just long enough to get him used to D1 ball again, and I can't imagine he'll play double-digit minutes unless the game gets out of hand.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:23 am

XUFan09 wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:So over under set at 5 minutes on how much he plays vs Nova?

That's what I said for an O/U on XHoops. I would take the under. He'll probably get in for just long enough to get him used to D1 ball again, and I can't imagine he'll play double-digit minutes unless the game gets out of hand.

I just hope he's ready for Cincinnati!
XU
JohnW22

Postby Edrick » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:34 am

Davis playing college basketball is not only embarrassing to Xavier but to the Big East in general.

Some things are just more important. This is one of those cases where you could be thinking in terms of "Should we?" Vs "Can we?"
Edrick

Postby Irishdawg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:38 am

DudeAnon wrote:X has tiptoed the line? Dez Wells gets reported by a student of sexual assault and we expel him immediately. He eventually was found innocent and even the NCAA gave him a waiver to play immediately for Maryland. Myles throws some phones (like an idiot) and he gets suspended half of his senior season when we have final four aspirations. What am I missing exactly? I am sure Xavier is going to win a lot of games, two in particular.

I know I'm not going to change any of your minds, and that's fine. You have the right to your opinions. Butler can't seem to get a clock operator to get things right and we seriously need some work finding a charter plane company. There have been 6 player behavior incidents on and off the court in the past 8 years with Xavier, and according to the charges that were filed against Davis, it was much more severe than just throwing phones. I'm not saying they were, but I sincerely hope the University didn't consider the team's Final 4 aspirations when doling out his discipline, because his appears to be a much bigger issue than basketball.

In terms of the two games, sure Xavier could win both, and they'll at least likely win the one at Cintas based on historical results.
Irishdawg

Postby X-man » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:38 am

Irishdawg wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:X has tiptoed the line? Dez Wells gets reported by a student of sexual assault and we expel him immediately. He eventually was found innocent and even the NCAA gave him a waiver to play immediately for Maryland. Myles throws some phones (like an idiot) and he gets suspended half of his senior season when we have final four aspirations. What am I missing exactly? I am sure Xavier is going to win a lot of games, two in particular.

I know I'm not going to change any of your minds, and that's fine. You have the right to your opinions. Butler can't seem to get a clock operator to get things right and we seriously need some work finding a charter plane company. There have been 6 player behavior incidents on and off the court in the past 8 years with Xavier, and according to the charges that were filed against Davis, it was much more severe than just throwing phones. I'm not saying they were, but I sincerely hope the University didn't consider the team's Final 4 aspirations when doling out his discipline, because his appears to be a much bigger issue than basketball.

In terms of the two games, sure Xavier could win both, and they'll at least likely win the one at Cintas based on historical results.

Please elaborate what you mean by this. To help, here is a link to what Davis was charged with: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/18/xaviers-myles-davis-facing-new-charge/88965576/
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board