Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 am

I am now looking forward to the biannual Butler beat downs.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 am

whatever happened to giving the guy a 2nd chance? Does his offense deserve him getting expelled? I don't know him personally but maybe he's a great guy and a good citizen minus this incident? I have to give xavier admin that benefit of the doubt. and so should everyone else unless you know more than what was revealed.
BEhomer

Postby Nildogg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Based on the charges, the half season long suspension was appropriate, if not a wee bit long. I'll take it though as a sign that they are trying to do the right thing.
That said, to simply call this a silly mistake of throwing a phone - lets not act like thats all this was. A restraining order is in place against him, and charges in court don't always reflect the complexity of the situation.
Serious question, what happens when the woman that has the restraining order against Davis wants to attend a game, and has tickets in the front row?

So, hell yes, Xavier has had more than its share of issues, and to try to gloss over that is a joke. I get it if you are an X fan and trying to justify it in your own mind, but your program has earned its reputation. You can make all the jokes you want abut clocks, and whatever else it is that you would like, but bottom line your "zip'em up, gangstas not thugs" reputation is there and plays it out with these kinds of situations time and time again.

PS, Macura is a pretty good basketball player, but is a d-bag of a person. His actions on and off the court have proven that, and he couldn't have been paired with a better program. Thankful we don't have that kind of person in our program. ;)
Nildogg

Postby xavierfano8 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:39 pm

That's funny because Macura probably would have ended up at Butler if Stevens never left.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Butler fans are so damn scared of Xavier it is hilarious. Truly Dayton 2.0
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby more cowbell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Macura's lunch pail and chippy nature would have been another great example of the Butler Way.
more cowbell

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:That's funny because Macura probably would have ended up at Butler if Stevens never left.

Him and Bluiett would almost for sure be at Butler is Stevens didn't leave but Martin would most likely be at Xavier.
XU
JohnW22

Postby scoscox » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Nildogg wrote:PS, Macura is a pretty good basketball player, but is a d-bag of a person. His actions on and off the court have proven that, and he couldn't have been paired with a better program. Thankful we don't have that kind of person in our program. ;)

Matt Howard rings a bell.
scoscox

Postby scoscox » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Nildogg wrote:So, hell yes, Xavier has had more than its share of issues, and to try to gloss over that is a joke. I get it if you are an X fan and trying to justify it in your own mind, but your program has earned its reputation. You can make all the jokes you want abut clocks, and whatever else it is that you would like, but bottom line your "zip'em up, gangstas not thugs" reputation is there and plays it out with these kinds of situations time and time again.

Tu and Dez Wells got suspended, Dez Wells was later expelled, Mark Lyons got shown the door. Where is X glossing over stuff? Myles just served a 15 game suspension. If anything I think X has tended to err on the side of over punishing. I thought Myles' suspension was harsh and obviously Dez Well's expulsion turned out to be a massive overreaction, but to act like X has been lenient is ridiculous.
scoscox

Postby X-man » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Irishdawg wrote:Wasn't it 2 phones, and didn't he punch the girl's car as well? The girl's phone, and then her father's phone that he'd given to her after hers was destroyed? The suspension's more than sufficient if that's all that happened, but my guess is if that were the case he wouldn't have been suspended for the entire semester.

Gotta love the logic in these sentences above. Basically the suspension is "more than sufficient" except Dawg believes that because Davis was suspended for the whole semester, it had to have been worse. Must be a Trump supporter with that kind of "thought" process.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board