Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby mel ott » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:54 pm

X-man wrote:
Irishdawg wrote:Wasn't it 2 phones, and didn't he punch the girl's car as well? The girl's phone, and then her father's phone that he'd given to her after hers was destroyed? The suspension's more than sufficient if that's all that happened, but my guess is if that were the case he wouldn't have been suspended for the entire semester.

Gotta love the logic in these sentences above. Basically the suspension is "more than sufficient" except Dawg believes that because Davis was suspended for the whole semester, it had to have been worse. Must be a Trump supporter with that kind of "thought" process.

Leave the politics at home, son. There is a lot of ammo on both sides. I do think, without knowing all the facts, that it appears that X took extra care to take this suspension seriously; on the other side of that you have Coach K and Duke.
mel ott

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rum_Ham » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I think the length of Myles Davis' suspension was completely fair for the crime, his case court case is wrapped up there isn't really isn't anything that should hold up bringing him back
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby bmorex » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Butler fans seem pretty scared about Myles Davis (a guy who has only averaged 7.8 PPG vs. Butler) considering they just took down the #1 team in the country.
bmorex

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:28 pm

I don't think Butler fans care as much as Xavier fans think they do. Obviously there will be some on Twitter who are the most outspoken about it but for the most part I don't think they care too much. More of Xavier fans trying to make a lot out of a little. All I've seen was a few Butler fans on Twitter make a big deal other than that not too much.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:15 pm

bmorex wrote:Butler fans seem pretty scared about Myles Davis (a guy who has only averaged 7.8 PPG vs. Butler) considering they just took down the #1 team in the country.

No kidding. Will he even play right away if he hasn't even been around the team or practiced with them?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
bmorex wrote:Butler fans seem pretty scared about Myles Davis (a guy who has only averaged 7.8 PPG vs. Butler) considering they just took down the #1 team in the country.

No kidding. Will he even play right away if he hasn't even been around the team or practiced with them?

He might break 10 minutes of playing time against Butler. Might. Just as I think the O/U for the Villanova game is 5 minutes, I think the O/U for the Butler game is 10 minutes. If this was about getting Myles ready for this tough stretch, he would have come back during the Christmas practices. The start of the spring semester or the grade results of some winter intersession course make a lot more sense as explanations.

My bet is that this three-game stretch is Myles' transition back to D1 ball more than anything impactful.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:06 pm

https://twitter.com/slrussell/status/818227279218245632

"‏@slrussell
Myles looks good. Really good. He very clearly was working out during his suspension. #Xavier"

Uh oh Butler fans.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gmoser1210 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm a Butler fan and I really don't care about the kid. After beating Villanova, Indiana, Cincinnati, Arizona, and a surprisingly strong Northwestern, I know that my bulldogs are battle-tested enough to go up against better teams than Xavier regardless of who is playing. Will we win? Who knows. This is the Big East and every team is capable of beating any other team on the right night.

What really matters is that the coaches and administration handled the issue how they saw fit based on probably more information than what any of us know. As a criminal defense attorney, I have some questions, but none that relate back to the game of basketball.
Butler Bulldogs
'62, '97, '98, '00, '01, '03, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13, '15, '16, '17, '18
'33, '34, '47, '52, '53, '59, '61, 62, '97, '98, '00, '01, '02, '03, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11
gmoser1210

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 pm

DudeAnon wrote:https://twitter.com/slrussell/status/818227279218245632

"‏@slrussell
Myles looks good. Really good. He very clearly was working out during his suspension. #Xavier"

Uh oh Butler fans.

After hearing how he did a practice that wasn't fully competitive (day after a game), I'm inclined to pick the over on 5 minutes, but I still think he'll fall short of 10 minutes versus Villanova. He still needs to get into game shape (not quite there yet) and earn all his minutes in practice and games. I still don't think he'll be impactful soon and regardless, it's not like he was generally a Villanova-killer, Butler-killer, or Creighton-killer.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby ConnersvilleBulldog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:19 am

1. Most Butler fans believe that a 1 semester suspension was adequate.
2. With Nova, Butler, & Creighton games coming up, it's natural to look at the timing of his return with some skepticism.
3. Can we quit reducing a domestic violence issue as "just breaking cellphones"? It's not like he accidentally dropped his girlfriend's phone in a puddle while he was taking her to see The Notebook. The dude smashed multiple of her phones while making the girl like she was in enough danger to get a restraining order. As a person who is weeks away from having a daughter, I can tell you it makes me look at that situation a little different.
4. I'm glad he'll be back. I don't want any asterisks next to the W if Butler wins.
"On paper, people tell us we're nothing. But we're still playing for a national championship. We … are … still … here." - Joel Cornette
ConnersvilleBulldog

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board