Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:20 am

Seriously, we need a popcorn emoji.

Last edited by Westbrook#36 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westbrook#36

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:Seriously, we need a popcorn emoji.

I was thinking I needed some popcorn to read over this!
XU
JohnW22

Postby paulxu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am

X-man wrote:My, aren't we obsessive about the Muskies?

Every league needs a Dayton. Butler fills the bill.

Butler junior forward Kameron Woods, a starter in every game this season before Tuesday and the Big East's leader in rebounds (9.1/game) did not make the trip with the team to New York. First-year Butler coach Brandon Miller said late Tuesday Woods was "temporarily suspended from the team."

Asked to elaborate, Miller declined.

"That's all I will comment on that," he said.

Woods is now the fourth Butler player to be suspended at least one game this season. Two more have transferred.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby Irishdawg » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:34 pm

paulxu wrote:
Butler junior forward Kameron Woods, a starter in every game this season before Tuesday and the Big East's leader in rebounds (9.1/game) did not make the trip with the team to New York. First-year Butler coach Brandon Miller said late Tuesday Woods was "temporarily suspended from the team."

Asked to elaborate, Miller declined.

"That's all I will comment on that," he said.

Woods is now the fourth Butler player to be suspended at least one game this season. Two more have transferred.

Lol. No comparison to X, although I think that was the premise of the first part of your post anyway. 3 of Butler's players were suspended that year for the LSU game at Disney for having a water fight in the hotel. No one knows why Woods was suspended, but my guess is it was relatively minor, considering it was only one game, and he and Roosevelt Jones were both suspended for their opener their freshman year against Evansville for skipping a class. The one player who was suspended for more than one game that year, Rene Castro, was suspended for 2 additional games in February for getting into a shouting match with the coaches during one of their practices before he transferred.

The one Butler player who did commit a stupid, senseless act (starting guard Chrishawn Hopkins) was immediately dismissed from the team after shooting someone with a pellet gun during the early part of the 2012 fall semester.
Last edited by Irishdawg on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irishdawg

Postby Nildogg » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 pm

HA! Wow, you uncovered some real dirt there! Whats funny is that it isnt about one, or even two events... its about the constant stream of shit that your program deals with. It speaks volumes.

Xavier has major hoops, but mid major fans with high major insecurities.

That "insult" doesnt mean anything to anyone. If anything, your fans jealousy over what you dont habe (a F4) fuels this more than anything. Nobody cares about your old backyard in-state, former conference rivalry with Dayton!

Keep being X, its fun to watch the circus!
Nildogg

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Butler is God's gift to college basketball and Xavier is clearly Satan's.
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby XUFan09 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Seriously, we need a popcorn emoji.

This is all pretty entertaining.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby XUFan09 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 pm

ConnersvilleBulldog wrote:1. Most Butler fans believe that a 1 semester suspension was adequate.
2. With Nova, Butler, & Creighton games coming up, it's natural to look at the timing of his return with some skepticism.
3. Can we quit reducing a domestic violence issue as "just breaking cellphones"? It's not like he accidentally dropped his girlfriend's phone in a puddle while he was taking her to see The Notebook. The dude smashed multiple of her phones while making the girl like she was in enough danger to get a restraining order. As a person who is weeks away from having a daughter, I can tell you it makes me look at that situation a little different.
4. I'm glad he'll be back. I don't want any asterisks next to the W if Butler wins.

I agree with all of this. I can understand initial skepticism at the timing, but then a little common sense would make someone realize that it's the worse possible time. For example, I would much rather his first game back be against St. John's. It's going to be hard for him to get acclimated to D1 basketball again on Villanova's homecourt.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Irishdawg » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:27 pm

XUFan09 wrote:This is all pretty entertaining.

Agreed. Should make for a fun game on Saturday.
Irishdawg

Postby X-man » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Good to see that not all Butler fans are as nuts (or obsessed with Xavier) as Nildogg seems to be. Cryer fans are truly delusional, so it's refreshing to see some normal Bulldog fans posting to this board.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board