Hoyas, It's Ewing (Page 8), New Coaching Staff (Page 10)...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: New Georgetown Coaching Search Thread...

Postby Xudash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:07 pm

CrawfishBucket wrote:
jaxalum wrote:There is NO defending this if true, and Gtown fans should not try to justify something so eggregiously slimy and underhanded. Just reverse the roles and see how you would feel.

NEWSFLASH: WE are COMPETITORS! This is not Woodstock! Georgetown should not limit itself according to conference affiliation. In fact, its arguably better to get a coach with a proven track record in this conference. What are you thinking man?

NEWSFLASH FOR YOU: It is a slimy move, period, end of story. There is no other way to look at it than that.

Part of Georgetown's strength will depend upon the strength of Georgetown's conference. Improve Georgetown and improve the conference by bringing in a strong coach from the outside.

This isn't Woodstock, but it also isn't Dumb and Dumber, either. It was simply a stupid thing to attempt, and Mack shut it down. This certainly isn't becoming a shining moment for the Georgetown administration.

Fix your problem the right way and get back to adding to your tradition and the Big East.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:30 pm

The Hoyas didn't want Mack...he & Goodman put that out as leverage. Surprised no further leaks on ND's Brey. The hoyers probably waiting on Sean Miller or Oliver Purnell. Is it a requirement that GT hoops coach be black? Amaker, Capel, Shaka, Purnell, Romar, Gregg Marshall, other, are all available.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xudash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:The Hoyas didn't want Mack...he & Goodman put that out as leverage. Surprised no further leaks on ND's Brey. The hoyers probably waiting on Sean Miller or Oliver Purnell. Is it a requirement that GT hoops coach be black? Amaker, Capel, Shaka, Purnell, Romar, Gregg Marshall, other, are all available.

Show proof that Mack was a party to that.

That is not Mack's style, and Xavier's AD is too sharp to require a message delivered in that fashion.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEwannabe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Xudash wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:The Hoyas didn't want Mack...he & Goodman put that out as leverage. Surprised no further leaks on ND's Brey. The hoyers probably waiting on Sean Miller or Oliver Purnell. Is it a requirement that GT hoops coach be black? Amaker, Capel, Shaka, Purnell, Romar, Gregg Marshall, other, are all available.

That is not Mack's style, and Xavier's AD is too sharp to require a message delivered in that fashion.

You're slipping dash, if Mack wanted to play X he had the IU job to do that. By all accounts I've read Chris was IU's #1 choice . Why would he need Georgetown to get X's attention? Chris is a hot commodity and I'm sure X admin & boosters knows that. So it's almost comical but at the same timepathetic that Georgetown could think they could pull this off.
BEwannabe

Postby Jet915 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:25 pm

If Georgetown has 4 million a year for a coach, time to offer it to Frank Martin. He deserves to be at a school that cares about basketball.
Jet915

Postby Xudash » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 pm

BEwannabe wrote:
Xudash wrote:

You're slipping dash, if Mack wanted to play X he had the IU job to do that. By all accounts I've read Chris was IU's #1 choice . Why would he need Georgetown to get X's attention? Chris is a hot commodity and I'm sure X admin & boosters knows that. So it's almost comical but at the same timepathetic that Georgetown could think they could pull this off.

I'm not sure how I'm slipping BEW, as my point is that it isn't Mack's style to play the leverage game against Xavier. I didn't appreciate gtmo making crap up about this episode.

My guess is that X bumps him to $2 million and it all rolls forward from there.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby PorthosPA » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Mack doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would cause in fighting/instability within a conference just to get a raise. It was Goodman (which I doubt, considering I doubt a journalist would risk his career for a friend to make more money) or it's true.
PorthosPA

Postby alduflux » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:38 pm

BEwannabe wrote:By all accounts I've read Chris was IU's #1 choice . .

Where did you read that?
alduflux

Postby billyjack » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Jeff Goodman looks like the late, great, actor Lee J Cobb (12 Angry Men, On The Waterfront, The Virginian).
Providence
billyjack

Postby BEwannabe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:12 am

alduflux wrote:
BEwannabe wrote:By all accounts I've read Chris was IU's #1 choice . .

Where did you read that?

I couldn't find the exact spot but it was similar if not a Goodman tweet prior to Miller getting the IU job. It stated Mack or his representative was contacted but without hesitation declined.

Similar sources indicated Archie had been contacted including UD sources indicating there was smoke and we now know that in this case where there was smoke there was fire. Seems improbable to me if IU was interested in Archie that they wouldn't have been interested in Chris Mack. I don't wan to start or argue reasons why but for starters Chris has had more success than Archie yet Archie was paid more than Mack by a considerable amount if X is just bumping Chris Mack to 2 mil.
BEwannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board