Reviewing Georgetown

The home for Big East hoops

Reviewing Georgetown

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Let's continue with our 3rd review....the Georgetown Hoyas

OUT:
*Jagan Mosely
*Terrell Allen
*Omer Yurtseven (might be wrong on this since the official website has him as a senior but Verbal Commits has him as a junior)

STAY:
*Qudus Wahab
*Mac McClung
*Jamorko Pickett
*Jahvon Blair

IN:
*Dante Harris
*Tyler Beard
*Kobe Clark
*Jamari Sibley

My 0.02: Up and down year for Ewing's boys. Got nice wins in the non-con over Texas, Oklahoma St, SMU and Syracuse and also got one vs Creighton. But then when Mac and Omer went down, it got ugly. Georgetown ended the season on a 7-game losing streak. I didn't get a chance to watch much of them so I don't know them well enough to comment on them further. But what do you guys think? Is Ewing's seat starting to get warm? Are you willing to give him another year? (injuries definitely didn't help) Do you see Georgetown righting the ship next season?
OmahaGuy

Reviewing Georgetown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Reviewing Georgetown

Postby BEhomer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:44 pm

they also return TImothy Ighoefe who saw some action mostly due to injuries. Malcolm Wilson is another 6'11 guy from 19 class.

Obviously the big question mark is their backcourt. Mac coming back from injury. unproven freshmen. Ewing probably needs a couple of grad transfers.
BEhomer

Postby Husky_U » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:15 pm

BEhomer wrote:they also return TImothy Ighoefe who saw some action mostly due to injuries. Malcolm Wilson is another 6'11 guy from 19 class.

Obviously the big question mark is their backcourt. Mac coming back from injury. unproven freshmen. Ewing probably needs a couple of grad transfers.

Are you THE BEH???
Husky_U

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:32 am

I thought Patrick E. did a masterful job this year. With the defections and the injuries he was playing games with guys who would have been deep bench players. And the guys he had out on the floor late in the season just seemed to run out of gas. Understandable. I don't think a hot seat is anywhere even close to Ewing at this point. I also think that Wahab kid is going to be a problem sooner than later.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:I thought Patrick E. did a masterful job this year. With the defections and the injuries he was playing games with guys who would have been deep bench players. And the guys he had out on the floor late in the season just seemed to run out of gas. Understandable. I don't think a hot seat is anywhere even close to Ewing at this point. I also think that Wahab kid is going to be a problem sooner than later.

Ah yes. Totally forgot about those defections that happened in December. That was crazy. But they somehow got through them! It was only after injuries to Mac and Omer where they really began to fall apart.

I also agree on Wahab. Stud.
OmahaGuy

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:18 am

Give them another grad transfer and they might be able to make some noise next year
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Mac McClung will enter the draft but maintain his eligibility per his twitter
OmahaGuy

Postby MUPanther » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:29 pm

He should be coming back for his junior year. There was many times the Hoyas were better on the floor without him. Really wild at times.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Burrito » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:51 pm

After Akinjo, Leblanc, Gardner and Alexander announced they were transferring from the program in mid December, the Hoyas remained competitive for a while. But as the season wore on and McClung and Yurtseven missed games due to injuries, the team just ran out of gas. Right now, I don't see how they avoid finishing in the bottom third of the conference standing next year.
Last edited by Burrito on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burrito

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Georgetown gets Arkansas grad transfer G Jalen Harris.

4.2 ppg, 2.4 apg in 24 mpg as 6-2 R-JR.

Team tri-captain, 7.6 ppg, 5.6 apg (4th in SEC), 1.1 spg, 34 starts as R-SO.
Jet915

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board